Monday, June 9, 2014

A Glimpse of Greece


When I first posted in Facebook that I was in Greece, one friend commented if I was really at Greece? I mean, what's the first thing that pops into your mind when you see these columns? 
Ofcourse, it's Greece!

Who would have thought that there's a place like this in my very own province? Yes, this Greek-inspired island is actually located in Nasugbu, Batangas! I'm from Batangas but I never knew that this place exists. It's called the Fortune Island.



Fortune Island used to be a private luxury resort owned by former Governor Tony Leviste. Now, it's just like an island from Survivor Series. No amenities, no accomodation, no electricity, no water supply, this is the ultimate beach camp if you guys are into those kind of trip. However, if you're the type of person who prefers comfort over adventure, then this is not for you. Also good thing is that there's signal from Globe & Smart ONLY, sorry Sun subscribers. There's also 3G so you can upload photos on FB and instagram and let your friends wonder where the heck are you, or just like what I did, I told them I was in Greece, Haha! :)




Before you reach the island, you'll have to take a 45 minute-boat ride from the Fortune Island Resort in Nasugbu proper. The big waves we encountered made the trip even more memorable. If you have a weak tummy and seasickness, make sure you take Bonamin before the trip or else.. 




Every summer, my college friends from UP Manila visit Batangas for our annual summer getaway. This year, we chose Fortune Island. (I think there's no need to explain why. Haha!) My other friends from Lipa also joined the trip so we were ten in a group. 


We stayed there overnight. Beach camp and castaway lang ang peg. Too bad we didn't get to see the sunset because of the gloomy weather. So while others explored the island, we cooked rice, adobo, bbq and hotdog for our dinner. Sarap kasi ako yong nagluto ng adobo! Haha! After dinner, we were literally just chillin by the beach. Music + Tequila + Best group of Friends = Best Trip Ever! It was nice catching up, sharing stories of our lives and how we've matured throughout these years, cheers to seven years of friendship! Gaaaah! I've missed them so much! *sob*

DAY 2


Another chill day. Spent the morning swimming and taking photos. :)

My morning view

Selfie :D











We left Fortune Island around 11:30 in the morning. The waves were much bigger this time so we had to dock on the Nasugbu Pier instead. It took us an hour before we reached the pier.


That's it! This is one getaway I'll never forget! See you guys again next Summer!
Hmmm..I wonder where we'll go next. :)

Thank You Lord for another awesome trip with my awesome friends!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY
- LMB xx

** If you're planning to go there, please do contact Mang Dante 0939-489-5292. :)

PS. Make sure to watch out for my next post on How to get to Fortune Island and Things You Should Remember when visiting Fortune Island. :)

1 comment:

  1. Till next time.. I am very excited for our next trip.. :)

    ReplyDelete